Monday, December 3, 2012

New Goals

Recently, I made a few goals for myself. The first is to do yoga more often. This is not only for fitness, but also for stress management. As a medical student, there is a lot of stress in my life. I think yoga will really help with all of these aspects. Not to mention, I really enjoy it. I started a subscription on YogaGlo which has tons of yoga videos online targeted to exactly what you want. So far I am really liking it and love how convenient it is. Hopefully this habit will stick.

The second is to cook a new recipe once a week. I have a growing collection of cookbooks and I would like to try more recipes from. So I'm going to try to make a new dish every week. Today, I had some chicken and french beans in the fridge and was inspired by a recipe by Harumi. I wanted to do something simple with a lot of vegetables. She has a simple sauce served with chicken and then adds some french beans. I altered the sauce just bit, added a dash of sriracha, and JC quickly pan-fried the beans to give them some crunch. Served on a bit of rice, this makes the perfect weeknight dinner.


Chicken and French Beans
inspired by Harumi's Japanese Cooking


  • 1 bag french beans
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 lb chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 c. rice vinegar
  • 1/4 c. rice wine or sake
  • 1/2 c. soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • Sriracha
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and quickly pan fry the french beans until lightly browned and crispy. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, mix the rice vinegar, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha

3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the sauce mixture. Simmer for about 5 minutes. 

4. Add the chicken mixture to the french beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails