Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Saucy Summer Salad

This weekend was full of events. We took a trip to Phoenix for a congratulations/birthday celebration. We ate at this great place called Culinary Dropout, a sort of gastropub restaurant. I would definitely recommend it, it was delish!

Yesterday was my birthday and I definitely reaped the benefits. I had a free Birthday Brow at Ulta, pizza cookie at Oreganos, yogurt honey cake at Athens, and t-shirt at The Shanty. Birthdays are great. And Athens is amazing too.Best Greek food in town, hands down. Flaming cheese, Pastitsio, yummy cake, and great company.

I'm going to a little get together this evening and I decided to make a pasta salad. This is my favorite recipe. It is so easy and so yummy. I usually use just a normal box of pasta, but I got the tip from an amazing friend to use frozen tortellinis. Those little twisty pockets of goodness make this dish so much better. You can throw whatever you want into this like black olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onions, green onions, broccoli, basically whatever you have on hand. I love the McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning, it's a mix of cheese and spices and adds perfect flavor to a pasta salad. This is so easy and a great summer dish.


Pasta Salad
  • 2 bags frozen torteliinis, prepared, drained, and cooled
  • ~1 c. Zesty Italian salad dressing
  • 1/2 container of McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cucumber, chopped
  • 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 can black olives, sliced
Mix everything together. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails