Saturday, November 6, 2010

Study Break Pie

I have spent the past week non-stop in bacteria mode. My head is spinning. I decided to take a break and make a sweet potato pie with some of the veggies from CSA. This is one of my favorite desserts (not to mention it's super easy) and it really gives me the feeling of Fall and cool weather. I had some extra filling that didn't fit in the pie crust, so I decided to fill a couple ramekins and they turned out really cute. I don't have time to write something long on this, so I'll just say that this is delicious and you should make it. Happy studying MSIIs!

Sweet Potato Pie
adapted from Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie by Paula Deen
  • 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed
  • 1 cups sugar
  • 1/2 stick melted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 cup milk
  • 9-inch unbaked pie crust
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine everything together and mix thoroughly. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a knife/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the pie on a rack and cool to room temperature. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.



And some (very late) Halloween photos:
My wildcat pumpkin
Cowboy Kuma

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails